The Fund Source
The Regional Research Fund (RRF) is a grant that provides funding support and capability – building to the researchers to become more actively involved in health research. It aims to promote local scientific studies that can respond to the current health concerns in the region.
The Regional Research Fund is an initiative of the Philippine Council of Health Research and Development (PCHRD) to support local health research projects given thru the Regional Health Research and Development Consortia (RHRDCs). In Caraga Region (Region XIII), it is called Caraga Health Research and Development Consortium (CHRDC).
What is the process?
- Submit the following requirements to DOST Caraga, Ampayon, CSU Main Campus, Butuan City or thru email at email@example.com.
- Duly accomplished Capsule Proposal Application form (click here to download)
- Curriculum Vitae of Key Investigators
- Letter of Intent addressed to CHRDC Chairperson
- Wait for the Short List. You will also be notified through the contact details you provided during the submission if your research is shortlisted or not.
- Once it is shortlisted, submit a Detailed Proposal.
- Do revision/s if advised and resubmit the proposal.
- Wait for the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
Research Priority Areas
The proposed studies should be aligned with the research priority areas of the consortium and/or in National Unified Health Research Agenda.
CHRDC Research Priority Areas under the Caraga Regional Unified Health Research Agenda are:
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Adolescence, sexuality and reproductive health
- Disaster risk reduction and management
- Substance abuse
- Non communicable diseases
- Food quality and safety
- Health in mining
- Tropical infectious diseases
- Child health and nutrition
- Solid waste management
- Health service delivery
- Government health financing
Call for Capsule Proposals
When is the schedule?
Call for Capsule Proposals will happen every 15th of January and October.
Shortlisting of Proposals
When is the schedule?
The shortlisting of approved capsule proposals happens every 7th of February and November.