In celebration of the National Science and Technology Week, the Caraga Health Research and Development Consortium (CHRDC) in partnership with the Department of Health Center for Health Development-Caraga will hold the 2020 Online Caraga Health Research Forum on November 27, 2020. The CHRDC welcomes the submission of abstracts of health researches conducted within Caraga Region and must be in line with the Caraga-specific health research priorities set by the Regional Unified Health Research Agenda (RUHRA) of the Philippine National Health Research System (PNHRS). Researches related to the COVID-19 situation in the region are also accepted.
Health research priorities for Caraga:
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)
- Adolescence, sexuality, and reproductive health
- Disaster risk reduction and management
- Substance abuse
- Non-communicable diseases
- Food quality and safety
- Health in mining
- Tropical infectious diseases
- Child health and nutrition
- Solid waste management
- Health service delivery
- Government Health and Financing
Paper presentations during the forum will be divided into two categories: undergraduate and professional. Qualified researches for the undergraduate category are those completed undergraduate studies for the last 2 years. Qualified researches for the professional category are completed researches within 2 years. Completed graduate and postgraduate researches are also accepted in this category.
- Not more than 250 words written in English (US), Times New Roman size 11
- A4 size, margins: top and bottom = 1 inch; right and left = 0.75 inch, justified
- Title must be centered, bold, upper and lower case, font size 12
- Author’s name/s (1 space below the title) format:
John Paul F. Dela Cruz* Sarah J. Reyes**
Butuan City University, Butuan City*
Agusan State College, Cabadbaran City**
- The word ABSTRACT is four spaces below the author/s’ names
- No more than five keywords should be stated at the bottom
Guidelines in submitting an abstract:
- The Abstract should fit in one A4 page, using the format specified above.
- The Introduction part should contain the scope and purpose of the work in 2-3 short sentences only.
- The Experimental Approach should be described briefly.
- Only the Highlights of Results should be presented, which should be quantitative if possible, or as the nature of the paper permits.
- Uncommon acronyms should be spelled out the first time they are used; if several acronyms are used, they should be listed with their meanings at the end of abstract.
- Only major Conclusions should be stated.
Submission of Abstract : October 24-November 6, 2020
Review : November 9-13, 2020
Announcement of Acceptance : November 16, 2020
Submission of Full Paper (accepted papers) : November 21, 2020
Submission of Paper for Presentation
(in powerpoint format) : November 25, 2020
Submission of Entries
Interested individuals are to accomplish the online submission form through this link: bit.ly/2020CHRFPaperPresentation and email their abstract entry/ies, in word version, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Abstract Entry_2020 CHRF_Paper Presentation Category not later than October 30, 2020.
Qualified participants will be notified for presentation in the actual forum via email.