The Department of Health is issuing this Call for Proposals for the 2021 AHEAD-HPSR specifically for the research priorities that are deemed necessary to be implemented on CY 2021 to support UHC commitments and other critical needs of this Department and the specific programs. These priority topics are as follows:
- Implementation of the Participatory Action Research;
- Evidence Review of COVID-19 Health Technology Topics;
- Evaluation of the Lifestyle-Related Disease Prevention and Control Program;
- Evaluation of the National Objectives for Health 2017-2022 and Baseline Survey of NOH Indicators; and,
- Process Evaluation and Implementation Review of Executive Order (EO) No. 104, “Improving Access to Healthcare through Regulation of Prices in the Retail of Drugs and Medicines”.
Meanwhile, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we encourage proponents to account for this new reality in the design of their research proposals. Specifically, we encourage the following approaches in drafting project implementation plans especially for those requiring field work: (1) maintenance of minimum public health standards at all times (including the use of appropriate PPEs and implementation of other safety measures); (2) early consultation with Local Government Units and local health officials to assess feasibility of conducting field work in their jurisdictions; (3) tapping of local counterparts to conduct field work within their locality to minimize cross-border travel; and, (4) streamlining of team composition towards ‘lean’ teams.
The project briefs/TORs for the abovementioned topics are available at shorturl.at/awHNX for reference. Further, priority research topics for CY 2022 implementation can also be accessed through the same link. Interested individuals, preferably with institutional affiliations that are DOST-certified, are welcome to apply. Further, these parties must submit their capsule proposals (maximum of 5 pages) using the provided template together with the following initial requirements through email at email@example.com:
- Letter of Intent;
- Work plan Schedule (Gantt Chart of Activities);
- Curriculum Vitae of lead proponent (Principal Investigator/Project Leader);
- Profile of the institution; and,
- Endorsement of agency head.
Deadline of submission for the five (5) abovementioned topics is until 22 January 2021. While for those studies listed for 2022 implementation, the deadline of submission is on 25 February 2021. For queries, please contact the HPDPB-Health Research Division at (02) 651-7800 local 1326/1328 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.