The Department of Science and Technology- Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the DOST-PCHRD- Undergraduate Thesis Grant in Natural Products. The search is open to all undergraduate students of Colleges of Pharmacy, Chemistry, Nursing and Health and Allied Sciences who have thesis proposals on natural products in the current school year.
A thesis grant amounting to Fifty Thousand Pesos (PhP 50,000.00) will be given to two (2) thesis proposals per region. In addition, an incentive of PhP 10,000.00 will be given to the advisers of the qualified thesis studies which will be given upon completion of the project and submission of the required deliverables.
Deadline for submission of nominations to the Regional Health Research and Development Consortium (RHRDCs) in their respective region such as Caraga Health Research and Development Consortium (CHRDC) is on May 31, 2019 for further review and short-listing of entries to be endorsed to DOST-PCHRD
Who can apply?
All undergraduate students of Pharmacy, Chemistry, Nursing and Health and Allied Sciences who have thesis proposals on natural products may apply. The proposed thesis study must use plants indigenous in the region. The project must be completed a year after receiving the grant.
- Technical Merit
- Objectives are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound;
- The study design supports the objectives; and
- The study sample and methodology are appropriate
- Data Management
- The plan for data collection is clearly described;
- Quality control procedures for data collection are in place; and
- Statistical analysis is well described
- The study addresses an important health problem; and
- The study contributes to the advancement of scientific knowledge
- Proponent/institution’s capacity
- The investigators are qualified and appropriately trained to carry out the study;
- The proposed study is appropriate to the experience level of the investigator; and
- The implementing institution is capable of carrying out the prepared study
How to apply?
Applicants should submit the following documents to the Regional Health Research and Development Consortium (RHRDCs) in their respective region:
- Duly accomplished prescribed research proposal form with college seal
- Endorsement letter from the institution signed by the head of the university and college dean
- Soft copy of the proposal in MS Word Format
- Hard copy of the proposal using A4 Paper
- Certificate of plant authentication
- Appropriate clearances (e.g. Ethics Clearance for studies involving human participants; Gratuitous Permit from the Protected Areas and Wildlife Resource Division of DENR for studies involving collection of wildlife; Bureau of Animal Industry clearance for studies involving animal subjects; Biosafety Clearance for studies involving genetic engineering and pathogenic organisms; NCIP Clearance for studies involving Indigenous Peoples.
- Curriculum Vitae of the students and adviser using the prescribed form.
Interested undergraduate students may download the brochure and form on this link: https://bit.ly/2QRB2kH and submit the application to DOST Caraga Regional Office, CSU Campus, Ampayon, Butuan City