Mobile Photography Contest
The Regional Health Research and Development Consortia in Mindanao is inviting all interested individuals to a Mobile Photography Contest as part of the 14th Philippine National Health Research System Week Celebration-Mindanao Satellite Session on August 6, 2021, with the theme “Health R&D in the New Normal: Moving Towards Universal Health Care” and sub-theme “Ensuring Good Governance and Accountability in the New Normal”.
The contest is open to anyone above 15 years old, based in Mindanao (address should be indicated in the registration form), coming from diverse backgrounds, and from all experience levels from first-timer, hobbyists to professional photographers.
The entry submission must be the entrant’s original work and not defame nor breach any copyrights or contain anything that could be deemed offensive or inappropriate. Any material that is deemed unsuitable will not be taken into consideration.
The submission must be accompanied by a title with a written caption of no more than 150 words explaining what the picture is meant to illustrate or giving a summary of the content/context. The caption should be well written and give the story of the photograph (e.g. who, what, when, where, why). If any, the names of people in close-ups should be included. The captions may be written in your own local language or in English and submitted in the registration form.
Entries must be received by the satellite session’s host region, DOST Caraga no later than 5 PM on July 29, 2021 (Thursday) through this form: https://tinyurl.com/PNHRSMinPhotoReg. The filename should be in this format [Last Name_First Name_Photo Title].
- Each entrant will submit one (1) photo taken using a smartphone with camera not under 12 Megapixels
- All photo entries must be related to the competition topic and must have been taken by the entrant
- Photographs must be in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi
- Photos should be uploaded in the registration form provided https://tinyurl.com/PNHRSMinPhotoReg
- The content should not be digitally altered significantly beyond standard optimization as in cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc. The use of third-party apps such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom or any mobile editing apps is prohibited.
- It is not permissible to alter the basic reality of a photograph. No removal or insertion of objects from the photo. No cloning pixels to create a new image or add to an image. No radical color changes.
- Participants should strictly follow rules and regulations on health protocols set by the Department of Health and the Interagency Task Force (IATF) (e.g. wearing of mask and face shield, physical distancing, disinfection, handwashing and sanitizing).
After receiving all entries, the judges will choose three (3) winners for the contest based on:
- Relevance to the topic – 35%
- Creativity and Originality – 20%
- Clear, matching message and a compelling story behind the picture based on the 150-word summary submitted in addition to the photograph – 20%
- Technical execution – 25%
First Prize- Php 5,000
Second prize – Php 4,000
Third Prize – Php 3,000
People’s Choice Award – Php 4,000
People’s Choice Award and Exhibit Details
Entries will be posted on DOST Caraga’s Facebook Page from August 2-5, 2021. Photo with the most number of “likes” and “heart” reactions until 5 PM of August 5, 2021, will receive the People’s Choice Award.
Announcement of Winners
Copyrights, Creative Commons, and Usage Rights
The copyright remains with the original author. All entrants understand that the accepted images may be used by the DOST Caraga in all media and publications, without any remuneration being due. If anyone has any dissent, we can upon agreement not use his or her work in marketing. No dissent upon submission will be deemed as agreeing on the rules.