The Department of Science and Technology – Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD) and the University of Trieste (UNITS) and Fondazione Italiana Fegato (FIF) agreed to develop and implement a program focused on molecular hepatology within the PhD Program in Molecular Biomedicine of UNITS. This program integrates basic research and clinics focusing on the study of molecular approaches to cancer biology, genetics, jaundice, and metabolic diseases. The duration of the program is for 3 years.
Applicant’s research interests must be aligned with the National Unified Health Research Agenda 2017-2022 (NUHRA) and Harmonized National Research and Development Agenda (HNRDA).
This program aims to:
- Develop a pool of high-quality human resources in molecular hepatology in particular who will contribute to the country’s global competitiveness and economic development;
- Provide opportunities to deserving students to study and obtain PhD degrees in Molecular Biomedicine in reputable institutions abroad;
- Contribute to the country’s health research and technological innovation capabilities through training on biomedical research; and
- Create the basis for a Filipino Liver Network integrating basic and clinical research in liaison with FIF.
Two positions of PhD students will be available each year at UNITS (Subject to the availability of funds)
The applicant must:
- Be a Filipino citizen;
- Be in good health condition;
- Not be more than 40 years old at the time of application;
- Hold a Master’s degree in a field relevant to health and biomedicine;
- Have an outstanding academic record;
- Passed the admission requirements for the PhD study;
- Passed the interview and other screening procedures;
- Conduct her/his research for the entire duration of the scholarship and of the PhD Program.
- Living allowance (20,000€/year);
- Book allowance (500€/year);
- Bench fee (4,000€/year);
- Outright dissertation grant;
- Health and accident insurance; and
- One round-trip economy fare from residence to Italy.
For more details, please visit: https://bit.ly/callfor_molbiomed