Theme: “Strengthening Health Research and Innovation for a better Caraga”
December 3, 2018 Almont Inland Resort, Butuan City
A. Submission of entries:
1. Submit one (1) copy of abstract, two (2) hard copies and an electronic copy (PDF file) of completed research papers.
*Please submit the abstract and hard copies to DOST Caraga Regional Office, CSU Campus, Ampayon Butuan City c/o Ms. Mary Grace Tambis / Jessah Trillo.
2. Entries should be submitted on/or before November 21, 2018.
3. Documentary requirements:
– Endorsement letter from the President/Dean of the University/Institution/School.
– Applicable research utilization clearance/permit.
a. For studies involving humans: Ethics Clearance
b. For studies which used biological materials or introduction of exotic or imported plants, microorganisms or animals: Biosafety Permit
B. Submission of Abstracts and Full Research Paper:
1. Abstract should contain 200-250 words.
2. Contents of the abstract should include: Background of the study; Methodology; Results; Discussion ; Implications
3. Format for full paper should be in Microsoft Word document. Body of the paper should be double-spaced, justified in the left margin. Number
all pages in the manuscript in the lower right portion. Page limit: 20-30 pages.
4. Referencing: Papers must be referenced in the APA style.
5. Submit paper with cover letter to:
DOMINGA D. MALLONGA
Department of Science and Technology
Caraga Regional Office
CSU Campus, Ampayon, Butuan City
Email electronic copy (PDF file) to email@example.com with the subject title “Paper Submission for Caraga Health Research Forum- Category”
(e.g Professional, Undergraduate or High School) . The body of email should contain the following:
a. Research Paper Title
b. Author’s name, position, institution
c. Bio of Author (maximum of 200 words)
The deadline of submission is on November 21, 2018. A notice of acceptance for oral presentation will be sent to the author(s).
C. Instructions for Oral Presentation
1. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation, maximum of 10 slides.
2. Provide a PDF copy of your PowerPoint presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Contents of the presentation shall include (Font style: Black Arial Font, Font Size 20):
a. Project Description
b. Objectives of the project
4. During presentation, the lead researcher must be the one to present the research paper.
5. Presenters are given a maximum of 20 minutes to present. 15 minutes will be allotted for all presenters for inquiries coming from the participants during the open forum.
6. Oral presenter must wear business or semi-formal attire.